08 December 2011

The Christmas Decorations Cometh ...

Sometimes the simplest decorations are the prettiest, and I think the best ones are the ones you come across unintentionally.  Take for example my bowl full of beads.  When I was preparing to decorate Finny's lampshade, I clipped off red and green beads from long strands purchased from the dollar store at a buck a piece.  What I ended up with was the most lovely little bowl of Christmas cheer ...


I like them so much I think I'm going to fill another bowl for our sideboard, maybe surrounded by candles in varying heights.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

I was also excited to come across the holiday aisle at our local Superstore (which, granted, has been up for a while but I've been steadfastly ignoring it.  With the onset of December, however, I'm free to enjoy!).  My Nanny was a huge Loblaws fan and for as a long as I can remember, always did her shopping there.  So it's no wonder that nothing says "Christmas" to me quite like this ...



Specifically, this ...

Terrible photo, I know ... sorry

and this ....


and most especially, these ...


It's our Christmas tradition ~ passed on from my grandmother since the President came to market with these coordinated papers and bows ~ to purchase a new box every year, and this weekend is the weekend!  Sure, I've already purchased a few gifts and some little stocking stuffers, but this is the real deal.  And now the only question remains: which patterns should I choose???