23 December 2011

We Interrupt This Regularly Scheduled Program With Some Christmas Cheer ...

Two years ago Daryn and the kids bought me the best Christmas present ever: DVDs of my favourite Christmas specials.  Up to that point, our busy schedule (that has only gotten busier!) usually had us missing my favs when they aired on TV, and it was bumming.me.out.  We'd manage to catch one or maybe two but never all three, and the year I missed all of them was totally awful.  I admit it: I cried.  Those specials have been a part of my Christmas tradition for so long, it was really upsetting to let them go.

So the family put their heads together and strapped their shopping shoes on, and hit the pavement looking for the DVDs to surprise me with.  And surprised I was!  They were the
best gifts ever, and every time we crack them open and cuddle up on the couch to watch them together, it reminds me to count my blessings (one, two, three of them).

So tonight's the night!!  Today we finish up the Christmas shopping - gifts and groceries alike - and most of the wrapping, and tonight we'll climb into our pajamas, eat lasagne on the couch for dinner like heathens, fill up on huge mugs of hot chocolate (with frequent refills) and have ourselves a merry movie marathon with the holy trinity of Christmas specials ...


images via here, here and here

... followed by a good night's sleep, so I'm nice and rested for tomorrow's activities (cooking and baking and wrapping, followed by Christmas Eve festivities at my in-laws and of course, wrestling with a holiday turkey and preparing for Santa's visit!).

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas!!  I hope Santa's good to each and every last one of you!