17 January 2012

Look Out, World: I've Embraced Social Media!

I've been sidelined for the past few days with a super-wicked (awful, horrible, miserable, rotten) cold.  I won't bore you with all the phlegmy details but I've gone through an entire box of Kleenex, 40 mugs of tea and haven't slept since last Thursday.  I feel like I'm on death's door, but you can draw your own conclusions.

I'm at the stage now where I'm still too sick to do anything much but am so BORED of being stuck on the couch.  You know that feeling?  I'm going a little bit stir-crazy!


I spent the day online but without anything creative to write about, I decided to quietly get serious about this whole social media thing.  Sure, I've got the blog and I have a personal Facebook page, too, but it's not enough!  I've recognized for a while now that I need to build up my online presence so today, without anything new or interesting to report, I decided to focus on the fundamentals:


Money Pit Love is now on Twitter and Facebook!

Yup, that's right!  I've embraced social media and I'm too excited to have finally entered the 21st century :)  I'm also following some fabulous folks via Twitter, and "Like" some great sites via FB, and it's just a matter of time before I'm all over Pinterest like a dirty shirt (I'll let you know when). What's more, I feel pretty good about getting active and building my web presence one tweet/like at a time!

So if you've got a moment, pop on over to Facebook (Money Pit Love) and Twitter (@moneypitlove ~ or you can follow me via the button on the left nav bar) and check me out!


As for my health stats, I'm hoping to kick this cold to the curb sooner rather than later and get back to busting out all over the house.  I was loving the blistering pace I set last week and can't wait to haul out the tools and get to work on some other projects that need my attention.  Stand by for a critical question about the office in tomorrow's post!