24 July 2012

J's Room: The Odyssey of Clean

I promised you a look at The Boy's room today, and look you shall. Behold the disaster "Before"

mosaic9f2c4c5dc8cab8532865cdd6c4aaf275ff6f45fd

Dear gawd, right?

To clarify one point: I do make my children clean their rooms and fairly regularly too. Not recently, clearly, but it does happen. What I discovered while I ripping their rooms apart though is that they a) don't really know HOW to clean and b) make more effort to HIDE garbage than they do to GET RID of it. Apparently, out of sight really does mean out of mind, and when it's shoved under the bed or in the closet (with the door closed), or in drawers you don't use or in the bottom of your toy box, well it's not really there, is it?

But it is. And I found it. And I GOT RID OF IT.

mosaic3d6326aed66f2bad9c549dd9af3f9f10ac424e66

Clean ... comfortable ... smells nice. You can't beat that. And the fact that it's open-house ready? Makes me happy all the way down to my toes.


PS - These awesome photo mosaics? Courtesy of Mosaic Maker over at Big Huge Labs, and they rock my socks...