08 March 2013

I'm Singing The {Moody} Blues

Blue ~ in any shade, hue or tone ~ has always been one of my least favourite colours on the spectrum. I would rather live with almost any other colour but. So you can imagine my surprise when I walked into the new Money Pit and instantly knew this was a blue house. Colour me shocked (and yes, that colour would be blue).

It's not all about the blues. It wouldn't be me if this house wasn't (eventually) painted predominantly white. But where I've had opportunity to add colour, I'm going for it with gusto. Our main floor media room is a velvety, clubby affair that looks like deep twilight, and our master bedroom is preppy in navy-black. They're both still works in progress but I'll be sharing some sneak peeks next week.

For inspiration, I've been trolling the internet indulging in my cool {blue} new obsession. Here are just a few of my favourite jewel-toned gems; do you find them as inspiring as I do?













1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9


These beautiful blues feel like you could just fall right into them, don't they? I've never appreciated the gorgeousness of blue until now but, boy, have the tides turned for me. I'm a bluesy girl all the way.

Daryn and I are off for a romantic weekend sans kids! I can't wait... it's our first weekend away (without family, so Cuba doesn't count) in, like, two years. How ridiculous is that?? I'm so looking forward to having him all to myself for 48 hours, but the sad truth is: we'll probably end up talking about the kids for most of it! The tribs and trials of being a parent, I guess :)

Happy weekend, everyone! Hope yours is just as fab. 'Til next week!